1. DECK RATINGS FORMING PART OF THE NAVIGATIONAL WATCH
- Safety of Navigation, Watch keeping on the bridge:
- What are your foremost duties on the bridge during watch keeping engagement?
- What navigational equipment on the bridge you know and can use during performing your duties?
- Who is responsible for verbal orders you receiving from pilot during pilotage when steering the vessel on the helm?
- When can you change-over from automatic to hand steering and vice versa and how to do it?
- What is the difference between magnetic and gyro- compasses and which one is mostly used on board?
- What means “degrees” and “points” when you report about directions of lights or subjects during look-out?
- Please describe correct procedure of relief, maintenance and handover of a watch.
- What general information you should remember and maintain during whole watch?
- What should you report to OOW?
- In what case the bridge can be left unattended?
- What emergency equipment located on the bridge and when can be used this equipment in every particular case?
- What is the “dead man alarm” and how it should be used?
2. ALL DECK RATINGS
2. Environment Protection:
- What will you do with garbage on board?
- What and at what areas you can through overboard?
- Which arrangements should be done before bunkering?
- What will you do in case of oil spill on deck?
- What is Dangerous Cargo?
- What are the regulations regarding smoking on board?
- What is the guide about environment protection you know?
3. Safety Awareness:
- What main drills on board you know and how often they should be done?
- What actions to be done at your first opportunity after you joined vessel?
- What will you do if you found fire on board?
- Please describe your actions when you found a man over board?
- What can cause a fire on board and what will you use for fighting with different types of fire?
- What are your actions when a general alarm sounded?
- What is the guide concerning safety equipment on board you know?
- Safe Working Practice:
- What jobs on board require special permission and which particular arrangements should be done for every particular job?
- What clothes and equipment will you use when going to open deck or engine room?
- Please describe arrangements before and during the paint work on board;
- How you control your working time on board?
- What are minimum requirements and regulations in regard to hours of rest and work on board?
- Which safety measures you must remember during mooring operations?
- What are the safety measures when engaged in rigging of pilot ladder or gangway?
- What guides of safe working regulations, recommendations and requirements do you know?
- What is fatigue? How can you avoid it?
2. Security Awareness:
- What is security on board?
- What do you know about security levels?
- What duties of ship’s security officer on board and who can perform his duties?
- What is DPA and where you can find information about it?
- What are the duties of security patrol on board and security gangway watch?
- What is the stowaways search procedure on board?
- What are the restricted areas on board?
- What is the guide for security regulations and requirements you know?
3. Medical Aid, Drug and Alcohol Policy, Social life, Claim procedures:
- What will you do in case of illness on board?
- What do you know about drug and alcohol consumption on board and in port?
- What will be your action in case of any kind of harassment from anyone of crew on board?
- What will you do in case of any non-conformity found on board or you see/feel something is done in breach of elementary requirements of safety or security on board?
- What is a good seamen practice for casual wear during non-working hours on board?
SPECIFIC (for crane drivers)
- What Is SWL?
- How to stop rocking cargo on Hook?
- Where is the center, gravity of the load during the lifting crane?